Top 5 Productivity Apps for 2019
With a new year comes new goals and a better you! Some of your resolutions might include being more organized, budgeting smarter, or spending less time on social media.
My phone is usually my ultimate distraction, but this year I'm vowing to use it responsibly and explore everything it has to offer me to make my life easier and more productive. After doing my research I compiled a list of the best apps out there that will help me achieve my goals and manage my time better.
1) Acorn. This app is perfect for those of us who want to take a little more control over our finances by starting to save and invest. You link a bank account and a credit card and the app will basically take it from there. For each purchase made, Acorn will round up that purchase to the nearest dollar and invest the difference - even if it's only a cent! You also have the option of just saving those amounts to an account that you can withdraw from at any time.
There are a ton of other features as well - my favorite is the original content provided to expand your knowledge on all things money. Read more about Acorn here!
2) Asana. Need to get more organized but don't know where to start? Asana can help! This is a project management app that we actually use in the office to keep track of each other's tasks and ongoing projects, but you can use it in your personal life, too! I prefer the list format, but you can also use the calendar format to view upcoming tasks and events.
3) [email protected] I typically can't get any work done in complete silence, but sometimes I find that the noise around me or the music I've chosen is still a little distracting. This service helps with that! Here's an excerpt from their website:
4) IFTTT. Also known as If This Then That! At first, the capabilities of this app were a little confusing to me, but after a few minutes of reading and watching some video tutorials, I'm sold! I thought I had my own personal robot with my Amazon Echo...but this app takes it to a new level. It helps your devices and your apps work with each other, so you never miss a beat. For example, you can set it up so Alexa can call your device if your phone is ever misplaced, automatically sync your Instagrams to a specified Pinterest board, receive weather reports each morning, and the list goes on. Check out this video by a user who can't live without it:
5) Pocket. I keep a notepad on my phone full of links to articles I come across on my phone and don't have time to read in that moment. Whether it's from the News app, Twitter, Facebook - it seems like there is too much interesting content and not enough time to read it all! Enter Pocket, the app created for this exact problem. Not only will it save all the articles you want to read, but there is also a highlight feature AND the ability to listen to the article if that's more convenient.
What apps are you using to stay productive? Remember to sanitize your phone using PhoneSoap 3 at the end of each day! You can't stay productive if your phone is making you sick! ;)